Live Life

Because every girl deserves the right to become a cool, collected and wonderfully awkward young woman =)

This is NOT a niche-based blog, it is simply a collection of thoughts and ideas relevant to young adults as well as a record of my personal development.

Please subscribe to my Associated Content Feed

http://www.associatedcontent.com/rss/custom_587794_The+Freelance+Diaries____.xml

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Tumultuous Year

Believe it or not, I DIDN'T forget that I had a blog and I DID in fact enjoy blogging. I just had an extremely crazy year. Surprisingly though, I cannot believe that almost a year has passed since my last post...it's insane to think about. After spending so much time away from my blog, I almost find myself at a loss of what to say...

In the time I was gone, I experienced a lot. Here is my year in a nutshell:
  • Took 17 credits during the fall of my sophomore year...enjoyed most of my classes (including *gasp* general chemistry) in retrospect. Made the Dean's List! YES!
  • One of the classes I took called Infants and Children, centered on child development, caused me to remember the fun I had as a camp counselor and to rethink my choice of dermatology...maybe pediatrics?
  • Got a job working in a cafe on campus= FREE COFFEE! I learned just how important a skim vanilla latte could be to me.
  • Had a relaxing winter break, found out that my older sister was expecting! YAY! (Maybe I could observe some of those child developmental theories in my nephew lol)
  • Went back to school, lightened the load some so I could work more hours...FAIL! I was just as stressed with my 15 credits as I had been with 17.
  • Took Anatomy and Physiology, began to understand the complexity of the human body; took Nutrition through the Life Cycle, which provided me with more inspiration to change my field of interest...OB/GYN, Neonatology?
  • My sister unfortunately lost her baby, gave birth to my nephew at 21 weeks *many tears*
  • Struggled with depression during my spring semester.
  • Finished strong, DRAKE came to my college and gave a free concert SLOPE DAY 2010!
  • Made the Dean's List AGAIN! Unbelievable!
  • My boyfriend of over a year graduated college and will be entering law school in the fall CONGRATS!! Went to Martha's Vineyard to celebrate-->SO MUCH FUN!
  • Taking Physics II and shadowing a doctor at a family medicine office as of now...
So, as you can see, I had a lot going on in the last year: some good, others bad. But I wouldn't trade this past year for anything...SUCH IS LIFE =)

Live Life, and Stay Awkward =P

4 comments:

  1. your bf sound incredibly talented and intelligent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi!! just wanna drop by and say I really like ur blog. glad you have new post!!:))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Haruhi! Thank you so much! I'm glad to know you enjoy it. I plan to keep writing this time around ;)

    ReplyDelete