Live Life

Because every girl deserves the right to become a cool, collected and wonderfully awkward young woman =)

This is NOT a niche-based blog, it is simply a collection of thoughts and ideas relevant to young adults as well as a record of my personal development.

Please subscribe to my Associated Content Feed

http://www.associatedcontent.com/rss/custom_587794_The+Freelance+Diaries____.xml

Saturday, August 1, 2009

So Younique

Yes, the title for this post is inspired by a brand name for jeans. But I think it pretty much sums up my discovery: I am so unique! I have so many different interests and aspirations that sometimes I feel as if I am drowning in possibility. I really have God to thank for that!

I'm interested in writing. Many years of avid reading inspired me to try my hand with a pen and paper when I was 10. I have always written as a method of relaxation and just because I simply enjoy it. Writing is awesome. I am even trying my luck with a few online freelancing opportunities. For example, I plan to submit some articles to associatedcontent.com just to become accustomed to world of the published word. Who knows, maybe some good will come of it for me.


I'm also REALLY into science. I got a telescope for Christmas when I was 8, and I've never looked back. Right now in college, I'm majoring in Human Biology, Health, and Society. I just can't get enough of the life sciences. Although it is extremely difficult, I feel I'm up to the challenge.





Finally, I have an artistic side. I like to create beaded jewelry, especially necklaces, when I have a spare moment. Occasionally, I will make mosaic pieces like this ( I made this one last week):

These things I do for fun because I don't have time to really attempt to improve my art skills.

Everyone has the potential for youniqueness!
I feel that everyone has a special talent and/or hobby that can brighten their day. Seriously, all it takes is a little bit of time thinking about the things that you can do well. It's well worth it.

I think its important to embrace all of the different things that bring you joy. Life can be so stressful. Seize every opportunity for happiness.=)

PS please comment if you have any advice on my attempt at freelancing. Thanks a bunch!

2 comments:

  1. Hi candiekane,
    I want to first thank you for commenting on my blog. Then I should say that I truly enjoyed reading your most recent post this morning. Your mosaic artwork is beautiful!! I will look forward to viewing your future creations.
    http://llmoore2.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much! I really enjoy your blog as well!I will also continue to read yours. Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete